Installation Guide for OEDK: Classroom Edition - Classroom Wall - OpenEdge Classroom - Progress Community

Installation Guide for OEDK: Classroom Edition

You can find the quick installation guide to the OEDK: Classroom Edition in the Documents tab here.

There is also a datasheet that explains the features of PDS for OE that is included in the Classroom Edition..

Comments
  • By the way, russian language pack exists only in additional language pack and is not available for OEDevKit users.

This is serious problem for newbie.

• +1  we need the SUPPROMGS archive

• I added it to ideas community.progress.com/.../suppromsgs_for_oedk_classroom_edition

• OEDK: Classroom Edition does not seem to want to install on Windows 10.  I get an error that "file" could not be created.  If I run as admin, nothing happens.

• We have tested the installation of OEDK: Classroom Edition on Windows 10 and it installs successfully, with no issues found.  The installation is silent and does take some 15 minutes to complete. The installation guide may help to identify any issues and where to look for the log file.

• I get the banner window then disappears and then a ding a few minutes afterwards.  My log shows no errors and ends with:[ResponseResult]

ResultCode=0

ResultDescription=Installation completed successfully.

There is nothing installed for Progress or OpenEdge on my start menu or in program files.  .NET framework is already on my PC.

• I must have had a bad install first time I tried.   I found a bunch of empty OpenEdge folders, some with a few files.  I removed them and tried install again with success.   Looks good so far.

• @Jason, thanks for the feedback. We will look to incorporate the clean up after a bad install into our installation guide.

• FROM WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD The OEDK   , WE DO NOT HAVE IT IN OUR DOWNLOAD PRODUCTS

• The OEDK: Classroom Edition is only available for download from this Group her on Progress Community. See the Downloads tab at the top of the page. You MUST JOIN THE GROUP in order to access the Download site.

• already joined the group , the download is redirecting me to our licensed products , and i cannot find the OEDK

• I downloaded OEDK on to a PC with a previous version of OE installed already. The instructions say I have to delete this to install OEDK. Can I re download it on to another PC?

• You can download the Classroom Edition more than once and onto multiple machines if you wish to.

• Event8=[6-28-2016 00:48:20] The Setup Utility is extracting archives

[Installshield]

Version=20.0.0.496

[Application]

Name=OpenEdge

Version=11.6

Company=Progress Software

[RuntimeStatus]

Progress=7

[ResponseResult]

ResultCode=-1

ResultDescription=Installation aborted.

• tried installing but I get the following error. Please help.