Progress® OpenEdge® Developer Kit Classroom Edition - Downloads - OpenEdge Classroom - Progress Community

Progress® OpenEdge® Developer Kit Classroom Edition

This is a free full version of the OpenEdge Developers' Kit | Classroom Edition.  It is not a trial or an evaluation. There is a 2.5GB background download required which may take several minutes depending upon your internet bandwidth. 

Click on the Download Icon to access the Electronic Download Center.

You will be asked to accept the License Agreement before downloading the software. If you wish to view the terms of the License Agreement beforehand you may do so here.

Note: If you are a returning visitor, looking to download the OEDK | Classroom Edition again, you will be presented with a page that contains your Product List, once you reach the Electronic Download Center.......

To reach the Download Center you may need to click on the "login" link on the screen that looks something like this -

From there you can select the OpenEdge 11.7 Developer Kit Classroom Edition, accept the License Agreement and get to the download file.

Comments
  • Progress® OpenEdge® Developer Kit Classroom Edition

Will the service packs be provided as download as well?

The download has been updated to provide the OpenEdge Developer Kit | Classroom Edition for OpenEdge 11.7. This new download will provide you with a progress bar while it is installing.

I get the following error "You lack access rights for: Electronic Software Distribution". Please let me know how I should proceed.

To understand more about the download and possible errors, please review the installation guide - community.progress.com/.../2567

Now that 11.7.1 is out, will it be provided as a Classroom edition?

The OEDK: Classroom Edition 11.7 contains all the features needed to learn about developing business applications using OpenEdge. The Service Pack 11.7.1 has some very minor features that help customers who have already built OpenEdge applications, but not things that would enhance the learning experience, so there is no need to create a new version of the Classroom Edition.

Download and unzipped file, ran setup, install shield starts, a message about 'starting silent install' appears followed immediately by another message that disappears too quick for me to read at which point the install simply stops.  How can I find out what the problem is?  I'm using a 64 bit OS.

To understand more about the download and possible errors, please review the installation guide - community.progress.com/.../2567

There are log files created that you can check - all described in the installation guide.

Thanks Kevin, its installed OK now.  Turned out  I had to (re)install .NET for some reason.