REST service - Forum - Mobile - Progress Community

REST service

Forum

REST service

This question is not answered

I've created a mobile rest service in developer studio.

When I enter the URL and request headers to invoke the service I get the following error returned from the tomcat server:

"Access to the specified resource has been forbidden"

I have not restricted anything myself, and not sure why its started to do this. Other services I have created appear to be working fine.

All Replies
  • Hi Andrew,

The rest services resides in a web-app which typically have the URL pattern
    Once you publish the rest service, accessing below mentioned URL should present you with respective response

Response:
    REST Adapter

Response:
    WADL output or a JSON output specifying your mapping details

Please let us know what you get as response while accessing above URLS.

From: Andrew Stalker [mailto:bounce-ajstalker14@community.progress.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2014 2:27 PM
    To: TU.Mobile@community.progress.com
    Subject: [Technical Users - Mobile] REST service

Thread created by Andrew Stalker

I've created a mobile rest service in developer studio.

When I enter the URL and request headers to invoke the service I get the following error returned from the tomcat server:

"Access to the specified resource has been forbidden"

I have not restricted anything myself, and not sure why its started to do this. Other services I have created appear to be working fine.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

• with the use of "http://<hostname>:<port>/<RestServiceName>/rest" i was able to find an error.

For some reason the service was pointing to a nonexistent appserver "restbroker1"

I think this keeps getting reset from somewhere, but im not sure where. once i change this back to the correct appserver it works correctly.

• Hi Andrew,

Do you change the appserver configuration in runtime.props inside the REST Web Application before deployment or after deployment to the webserver

Regards,

Irfan