Announcing the New Progress Community

Posted by jasonwilliams on 25-Mar-2020 21:58

Hello Progress Community! 

Your success is our success, which is why we are excited to announce the launch of a new Progress Community that will better serve your needs. On April 20, 2020, we will merge the Progress and Ipswitch communities to create a complete one-stop shop for everything you need, including product documentation, knowledge base articles, SupportLink and more. 

The new Progress community will offer a much better user experience, featuring a streamlined design that reduces visual clutter to help you find what you need—fast. We are making the Progress Alert & Notification services available, so you can get critical alerts and knowledge base articles specific to your needs. All of this will be covered in a new onboarding process that walks you through the features and functionality of the new site. 

But the real reason we’re so excited about this new community launch is because it does what every community is designed to do in the first place: bring passionate, like-minded people together. We’re thrilled to build a new collaborative environment that fosters strong connections between our customers, partners and employees and brings everyone together to find answers to the challenges we face every day. 

In preparation of the launch, we will be shutting down this site on April 17 @ 8 p.m. ET. 

In the upcoming days, we’ll release more information about what this transition means for all the different parties involved as well as some answers to frequently asked questions. Stay tuned! 

All Replies

Posted by dbeavon on 26-Mar-2020 17:28

I'm assuming the new community forum is going to work like the one for ipswitch?

community.ipswitch.com/.../announcing-the-new-progress-community-for-ipswitch-user

Posted by jasonwilliams on 26-Mar-2020 17:37

That is correct.

Posted by dbeavon on 26-Mar-2020 17:48

Sounds good.  I was worried that there would be a transition to a closed community that is inaccessible without authentication.  I've seen this happen to forums managed by some of our other software vendors.  I'm not certain I understand the logic behind that kind of a community.  

I can certainly understand why you would not allow users to *post* content anonymously.  But it seems very suspicious to me when the contents of a community forum is not open to the public.  (...and to web crawlers and search engines).   In my opinion that defeats the entire purpose of a community forum.

Posted by jasonwilliams on 26-Mar-2020 19:18

I agree completely.  In terms of openness, the new community will function very similar to this.  90% of the content will be publicly viewable/accessible/searchable.  Content and discussions that exist within private groups will remain private as well, those that should have access will.  From what I can tell, it looks like you are a SupportLink user as well.  Good news for you, now that will be included within the new community.  No longer a different portal for you to log into.

Posted by goo on 27-Mar-2020 06:12

I tried to open the link using my iPad, and it complained the use of safari as the browser.... hopfully I will be able to read using it...

Sendt fra min iPad

26. mar. 2020 kl. 18:30 skrev dbeavon <bounce-dbeavon@community.progress.com>:

<ProgressEmailLogo-png_2D00_150x42x2-png>
Update from Progress Community
dbeavon

I'm assuming the new community forum is going to work like the one for ipswitch?

community.ipswitch.com/.../announcing-the-new-progress-community-for-ipswitch-user

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To unsubscribe from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by jasonwilliams on 27-Mar-2020 10:49

Hi there.  Thank you for the feedback.  I have been testing on mobile devices including my personal iPad and have not seen any issue.  Here is a screen shot from a test just now.  Can you post a screen shot of what you are experiencing?

Posted by goo on 27-Mar-2020 10:59

Strange, when I tried one more time, it worked.. ok for me

Posted by jasonwilliams on 27-Mar-2020 11:18

Excellent.  Please don't hesitate to let me know if you run into any more issues or have any questions.

Posted by Tim Hutchens on 30-Mar-2020 12:20

Will Progress staff users be identified so we can clearly know when a response is from someone working at Progress?

Will users' rank be migrated from this community to the new one so we can recognize the long-time contributors? Over time, you can recognize those users by name, but it certainly helps newer community users to know how much weight to give to threads/responses.

Will all the content from this community be migrated over? There is a ton of valuable information on this community.

Will the "Coveo" search be replaced by a decent search engine?

-Tim

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 17-Apr-2020 21:37

But just be sure we aren't using that pale green...

It's better in blue....

This thread is closed