SLSocketJDBC60 cannot be started While installing "Data

Posted by datadirect_progress1 on 10-Jan-2020 14:43

Hello,
I am trying to use the trial version of the Data direct connector provided by progress to establish a JDBC connection.
I am trying to follow the steps provided at the following link.
But while I'm trying to install the DataDirect SequeLink Service,
I am getting the below error which states that the service named SLSocketJDBC60 cannot be started:
image.png
Another error I'm getting is that SequeLink Management Console Snap-in cannot be started:
image.png
Below are the environment details for which I'm trying to perform the installations:
Operating System: Windows 10 (64-bit)
Java Version installed: JDK 8.0
Can anyone please assist with this sooner??
It would be a great help.
Thanks in advance!

All Replies

Posted by Rashmi Gupta on 10-Jan-2020 18:14

Hi,

The error images did not come through for me.

As for the MMC, we have a couple of issues for which you may need to get patch 6.0.0.18 and the latest fixes.

Since you are evaluating, you may want to reach out to your Sales representative to connect with our presales support team for obtaining the patches and evaluation technical assistance.

Reference KB:

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../support-for-windows-10-and-windows-2012-server-with-sequelink

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../SequeLink-Manager-MMC-Snap-In-crashes-on-Windows-Server-2012-R2

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../Unable-to-open-SequeLink-Management-Console-on-Windows-2016

Regards,

Rashmi

Posted by Libby Krause on 10-Jan-2020 22:22

KB article 000008210 "SequeLink Server for JDBC Socket does not start" may also be helpful

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../8384

Posted by datadirect_progress1 on 13-Jan-2020 10:12

Hi, Rashmi

Thanks for the reply to the post.

I am trying to implement the workaround provided at 2. 65267 in the given link

https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/support-for-windows-10-and-windows-2012-server-with-sequelink

But when I click on Add/Remove Snap-in >> I didn't get the 'DataDirect SequeLink 6.0 Manager' option to select from available snap-ins.

It would be a great help if you suggest which further step need to be taken.

Thanks in advance!

Posted by Rashmi Gupta on 14-Jan-2020 13:56

Hi,

Are you starting the mmc in 32-bit mode as below?

Open a command prompt and type mmc.exe /32 and enter and then try to add the snap-in.

Regards,

Rashmi

This thread is closed