Cant connect to Rollbase Private Cloud with Tenant User - Forum - DataDirect Cloud - Progress Community

Cant connect to Rollbase Private Cloud with Tenant User

Forum

Cant connect to Rollbase Private Cloud with Tenant User

This question is answered

Hi Guys,

Please can you assist I'm having some trouble connect  to our Rollbase Private Cloud instance

I'm able to successfully connect to our Rollbase Private Cloud instance using the Master Tenant User, but when I try to connect using a Customer Tenant User I get the below error:

Regards,

Stephen

Verified Answer
  • Hi Stephen,

We have gone through the issue which you have mentioned. We could able to reproduce the issue locally but seems to be issue is not with user type which you are using, seems to be you are trying to update existing data source with new credentials.

We tried to create data source with Customer Tenant user, we could able to create and test the connection successfully.

For time being, as a work around, you could create new data source with Customer Tenant user instead of updating existing data source with Customer Tenant user.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandra Sekhar.

All Replies
  • Hi Stephen,

We have gone through the issue which you have mentioned. We could able to reproduce the issue locally but seems to be issue is not with user type which you are using, seems to be you are trying to update existing data source with new credentials.

We tried to create data source with Customer Tenant user, we could able to create and test the connection successfully.

For time being, as a work around, you could create new data source with Customer Tenant user instead of updating existing data source with Customer Tenant user.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandra Sekhar.

• You will need to setup a different data source for each Rollbase user that you want to allow access.  This is due to the fact that the Rollbase Data Store will create a mapping of the Rollbase object model into a relational model so that it can expose objects and fields as tables and columns.  Creating this mapping can be an expensive operation, so the Rollbase Data Store does not do this for every connection.  This mapping is tied to the user ID that is specified when the map is created.  To change the user ID for the data source, you will have to tell the Rollbase Data Source to re-create the map.  This can be achieved by clicking on the circular blue button next to the Refresh Schema check box on the mapping tab of the data source configuration dialog.

• Hi Chandra,

Thanks this seemed to have fixed the problem.

By either creating a totally new data source, or using the Force New (Create Mapping) option on the existing data source.

Regards,
    http://www.aigs.co.za/templates/email_signatures/2016/stephen_van_rooyen.png