Consuming OData Services from DataDirect Cloud: ServerErrorException - Forum - DataDirect Cloud - Progress Community

Consuming OData Services from DataDirect Cloud: ServerErrorException

Forum

Consuming OData Services from DataDirect Cloud: ServerErrorException

• First time using DataDirect Cloud. I've enabled OData connectivity and I'm trying to test the connection using  Google's Postman. When I try the GET request I get the following response:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?> <error xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata"> <code>ServerErrorException</code> <message lang="en-US">Internal Server Error</message> <innererror>String index out of range: -1</innererror> </error>

I'm not sure where the problem lies am only on a 30 day trial of the service.

Rant:

DataDirect Cloud needs more logging information, i.e. if the On-premise service agents are connected, timestamp etc.

• Hi James,

Can you let us know which OData URL you used and to which database you are connecting?

I see 'lang="en-US"' mentioned. That is indeed your locale used?

Thanks,

Hans
  • Hi Hans,

The URL is: service.datadirectcloud.com/.../adb

And Data Source is an Oracle database.

Could the lang="en-US"' be a problem? I'm located in New Zealand.

• James,

One more thing: can you also provide us the text from the ODataSchemaMap, configured in your data source?

Thanks,

Hans
  • Regarding the Rant :)  We are aware that the error reporting, particularly around the On-Premise Connector needs improvement.  Addressing that is a top priority for us for our next release.  Thank you for the feedback

• It's a bit strange, but suddenly it just started working.

Here is

{"schemaName":"DSL","includedTables":["V_DAILY_REPORT_TP","MS_PRODUCT"],"tableMapping":[{"name":"V_DAILY_REPORT_TP","key":["Campaign","Batch"]},{"name":"MS_PRODUCT","key":["PR_INS"]}]}