Uaable to connect to On Premise MS SQL Datasource - Forum - DataDirect Cloud - Progress Community

Uaable to connect to On Premise MS SQL Datasource

Forum

Uaable to connect to On Premise MS SQL Datasource

• Hi All,

I am trying to connect a local MS SQL database as a data source to data direct cloud. I have downloaded the On-Premise Connector and configured the data source.  But I am getting the following error when testing the connection:

[d2c][JDBC Cloud driver][Service]Connector e685b490-ad4c-4e2c-a0e0-df0b4ec8c3db does not exist or you are not the owner.

Any ideas will be appreciated.  Thanks

• I don’t see any indication of your On-Premise Connector registering with the D2C service. Would you please send me the log files from \Program Files\Progress\DataDirect \Cloud_OnPremise_Connector_20\OPDH\logs, the 64-bit OP Connector location? Thanks.

From: smilligammd [mailto:bounce-smilligammd@community.progress.com]
    Sent: Monday, May 18, 2015 6:02 PM
    To: TU.DD.Cloud@community.progress.com
    Subject: [Technical Users - DataDirect Cloud] Uaable to connect to On Premise MS SQL Datasource

Thread created by smilligammd

Hi All,

I am trying to connect a local MS SQL database as a data source to data direct cloud. I have downloaded the On-Premise Connector and configured the data source.  But I am getting the following error when testing the connection:

[d2c][JDBC Cloud driver][Service]Connector e685b490-ad4c-4e2c-a0e0-df0b4ec8c3db does not exist or you are not the owner.

Any ideas will be appreciated.  Thanks

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

• logs.zip

Thanks, Here are all the log file I zipped because of size.

• Your On-Premise Connector is failing to authenticate with the D2C service, probably due to an incorrect password.

Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 10:25 AM
    Subject: RE: [Technical Users - DataDirect Cloud] Uaable to connect to On Premise MS SQL Datasource

Reply by smilligammd

Thanks, Here are all the log file I zipped because of size.

Attachments:
    logs.zip

• When I use the Configuration tool the user name is: smilliganmd but My DataDirect username is smilligammd. notice the one letter difference. Can this be the issue also?  Can I correct it?

• Yes, that would be a problem. Enter the correct user name and password in the configuration tool and click the Save button. You’ll then need to restart the Progress DataDirect Cloud Access service for the change to take effect.

Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 10:54 AM
    Subject: RE: [Technical Users - DataDirect Cloud] Uaable to connect to On Premise MS SQL Datasource

Reply by smilligammd

When I use the Configuration tool the user name is: smilliganmd but My DataDirect username is smilligammd. notice the one letter difference. Can this be the issue also?  Can I correct it?

• DSDataOP.jpg

Hi,

I was unable to change the password. So I downloaded another OP connector. So now I have a new error message.   Its says:  

Error establishing socket to host and port: TRUESAYER-PC:1433. Reason: Connection refused: connect

I have attached by SQL Server info and the DD config port. I cannot find the SQL port.

• Please have the SQL Server Database Administrator verify that the port number "1433" is correct.  I can reproduce this only if the port number is incorrect.

• Thanks. Its working now. The port was incorrect.

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 1:14 PM, Michael Jacobs <bounce-michaelj@community.progress.com> wrote:
    Reply by Michael Jacobs

Please have the SQL Server Database Administrator verify that the port number "1433" is correct.  I can reproduce this only if the port number is incorrect.