Cannot Create OData Schema Map - Forum - DataDirect Cloud - Progress Community

Cannot Create OData Schema Map

Forum

Cannot Create OData Schema Map

This question is answered

Hi,

I am just trying to set up a test connection from an on premise MySQL database (on my dev pc) and Salesforce. To achieve this I've downloaded the On-Premise Connector and set that up. I've then created an On-Premise Data Source for MySQL using the Connector ID. With this set up I have used SQL Testing and I can query any of the databases and tables on my MySQL server, so all that part seems OK. The problem I get is when I try and configure the OData.

On the OData tab, when I click the 'Configure Schema' button it returns the following error message:

'Test connection failed, please try again later.'

This has been the case for the last 24 hours, so I don't think it's a timing issue.

Hope someone maybe able to provide a pointer. What I think is strange is that when I use SQL Testing everything seems OK and I would have thought that this 'Configure Schema' button would be using the same technology.

Cheers

Alan

Verified Answer
  • Hi Alan,

We have pushed out a change which should resolve this issue for you. Please let us know if it works!

Be well,

Matthew

--

Matthew Monahan
    Progress Software

All Replies
  • While the OData Schema Editor has been fixed, there is still a problem in getting OData enabled for the data source after using the editor.  We are currently investigating this issue.

• Hi /

Thanks very much for the updates. There seems to be an issue with the DataDirect Cloud Login page today, so I'll try again tomorrow. Although from Jeff's comment I guess there is still work to do.

Cheers

Alan

• Hi Alan,

We have some scheduled maintenance underway at the moment. The system should be back online in about one hour.

Be well,
    Matthew

> On Mar 21, 2015, at 07:43, afaubel wrote:
    >
    > afaubel

--

Matthew Monahan
    Progress Software

• @

Thanks for that. Just tested now and the login is working fine now.

The good news is that the Edit Configuration button is now working with the MySQL data source. Not so good news is that when I try and Validate & Synch this connection in Salesforce it doesn't pull anything through, which I guess is the issue that was referring to.

So, getting closer :-)

• Hi Alan,

Yes, that is the issue Jeff mentioned earlier in this thread. We have identified the problem and development of a fix is underway. We will post here when we have it deployed.

Be well,

Matthew

--

Matthew Monahan
    Progress Software

• Hi Alan,

We have pushed out a change which should resolve this issue for you. Please let us know if it works!

Be well,

Matthew

--

Matthew Monahan
    Progress Software

• Hi

Thanks for letting me know. I've just tested this and it seems to be working fine. I can now select the tables for oData thanks to the last change and thanks to this fix I can now get the data in Salesforce. Fantastic.

Thanks very much for your help. I can now write this up and get back to my client who was interested in this type of connectivity.

Cheers

Alan

• Thank you Alan for confirming.

Regards,
    Kiran

From: afaubel [mailto:bounce-afaubel@community.progress.com]
    Sent: Friday, March 27, 2015 2:37 PM
    To: TU.DD.Cloud@community.progress.com
    Subject: RE: [Technical Users - DataDirect Cloud] Cannot Create OData Schema Map

Reply by afaubel

Hi Matthew Monahan

Thanks for letting me know. I've just tested this and it seems to be working fine. I can now select the tables for oData thanks to the last change and thanks to this fix I can now get the data in Salesforce. Fantastic.

Thanks very much for your help. I can now write this up and get back to my client who was interested in this type of connectivity.

Cheers

Alan

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.