Salesforce External object fails to read records - Forum - DataDirect Cloud - Progress Community

Salesforce External object fails to read records

Forum

Salesforce External object fails to read records

This question is answered

In Salesforce, I have successfully configured External data source and External object pointing to datadirectcloud.com

When I try to see the records I get this error... Please help. 
External Object Authentication Error
You don't have permission to view this data. Update your credentials, or contact your administrator for help with authentication settings.

Verified Answer
  • I have seen this error before.  If when setting up the External Data Source I set the Identity Type to be per User.  I would get this error.  If the external data source was set up with the Identity Type to be Named Principal I did not get this error.

I am not a Salesforce expert so the following statement is just my observation.  It looks like if I use Named Principle the External Data Source is available to all users.  If Per User is used, it looks like user needs to be granted permission to use the External data source.  Doing a quick search for this I found the following on granting Users access to External Data Sources.

help.salesforce.com/.../HTViewHelpDoc

I have not tried this though.

Mark  

All Replies
  • Can you share at which specific step you are seeing the error from the tutorial below?

www.odata.org/.../salesforce-external-object-integration-using-lightning-connect-with-odata

Check out my world famous blog on data connectivity

• All 6 steps are successful. It fails when I try to see the table records from the Page

Thanks

• I have seen this error before.  If when setting up the External Data Source I set the Identity Type to be per User.  I would get this error.  If the external data source was set up with the Identity Type to be Named Principal I did not get this error.

I am not a Salesforce expert so the following statement is just my observation.  It looks like if I use Named Principle the External Data Source is available to all users.  If Per User is used, it looks like user needs to be granted permission to use the External data source.  Doing a quick search for this I found the following on granting Users access to External Data Sources.

help.salesforce.com/.../HTViewHelpDoc

I have not tried this though.

Mark  

• Thank you so much all.

• @kamipatel - thank you for visiting our community and verifying the answer.

Check out my world famous blog on data connectivity