trying first time connection and getting error :-/ without even firing any SQL! - Forum - DataDirect Cloud - Progress Community

trying first time connection and getting error :-/ without even firing any SQL!

Forum

trying first time connection and getting error :-/ without even firing any SQL!

This question is not answered

Hello People! After attending a progress webinar, i thought this is the way to go to extract data from our RightNow instance. I signed up and made a connection. As i did 'save and test' it returned with error:

[d2c][JDBC Cloud driver][Oracle Service Cloud]Column already exists: SELLER_ID

I did not even fire an SQL yet!! How to proceed? 

TIA!
Rahul

All Replies
  • Hi Rahul

You found the right place - we'll make sure you get it working.  Let me ask you a couple of questions, and I know some of my more technical team will jump in at some point here:

- what version of OSvC are you using?

- do you have some custom objects with a SELLER_ID field?  My suspicion is that it's connecting but choking on something returned from the metadata

- have you tried just doing a save and seeing if you can make a select query from the SQL tester?

Cheers

• Hi Dion! I was hoping someone from last night's webinar shows up :-)

We are on Feb '14 version of Service Cloud.

Yes, we have LOTS of custom objects.

As soon as i go to 'sql testing' , this error is shown at the bottom and sql writing tabs are grayed out.

I have the admin profile and have all SOAP/APIs permissions.

Regards,

Rahul

• Okay, let me defer to someone on our connectivity team here to inform as to when exactly we throw this error, and what our logs say on the service.  It'll probably be morning before I can get you an update, but if someone hasn't jumped in overnight here to assist you, I will make sure to follow-up in the morning.  

Is it possible that one of your custom objects has two fields called SELLER_ID?  

• ok.. seller_id is in Contact and Incident tables.. thats all i can find

• This error happens when the driver is building its internal representation of the object model as a relational model.  We are investigating logs to see if we can determine the cause of the failure.  We may need to enable more verbose logging or come up with some other approach if a cause cannot be determined.  We will post an update once the initial investigation is complete.

• We have investigated the problem and determined that it is caused by there being two custom fields on the Contact object with the same name.  There is a field called CustomFields.c.seller_id.  There is another field called CustomFields.CO.Seller.ID which is a foreign key to the ID field on the Seller object.  

The problem is caused by how the Oracle Service Cloud driver maps the object model into a relational model suitable for SQL access.  The Oracle Service Cloud driver will strip off the prefix from custom fields before mapping them to the relational model to make the names more friendly to applications.  This means that now the Oracle Service Cloud driver is going to map the fields to Seller.ID and seller_id.  

Next the Oracle Service Cloud driver will replace any dots with underscores since dots are used to differentiate between schemas, tables and columns in SQL.  After this, we have Seller_ID and seller_id.  

Finally, the Oracle Service Cloud driver will fold identifiers to upper case, because the SQL engine that is used to translate SQL into queries that Oracle Service Cloud understands required identifiers to be in upper case.  This final transformation leaves us with two columns mapped as SELLER_ID.  This duplicate column name is what causes the failure.  

The Oracle Service Cloud driver should handle name conflicts that occur when it maps the field names of objects to column names in the relational model.  This is a defect in driver that we need to address.

• Thanks Jeff.  Rahul, sit tight and we'll get this sorted.  I'll make sure your account gets extended with plenty of time and quota so you can properly take it for a spin.  

• Thanks! The problem has been identified and we hope for a fix soon.. keep me posted..

• Hi Dion! any timelines? when this will be resolved? I have a dependency on this to move forward in some of my other Sprint tasks.

Thanks!

• Rahul, we are still working out the details about when the fix will be pushed to production, but we are anticipating pushing it to production in the very near future.

• Rahul, we are running regression tests against this fix now.  If all of the tests pass, then we will update DataDirect Cloud with the fix during our Saturday maintenance window.

• Rahul, the fix for this issue has been released.  Can you confirm that the issue is resolved?

Thanks,

Jeff

• Yes!! :-) i was able to connect and run some SQLs. please reset "days remaining" for me and allow me to do some serious testing... thanks Jeff and team.

• Hi Rahul,

We'll get your trial extended. Glad it's working for you!

Reply by rahul.sharma12@wipro.com

Yes!! :-) i was able to connect and run some SQLs. please reset "days remaining" for me and allow me to do some serious testing... thanks Jeff and team.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--

Matthew Monahan
    Progress Software

• Rahul,

Your trial account should now be extended. Let us know if you have any questions as you explore the capabilities of DataDirect Cloud!

Be well,
    Matthew

On Feb 11, 2015, at 23:37, Matthew Monahan <bounce-mmonahan@community.progress.com> wrote:

Reply by Matthew Monahan
    Hi Rahul,

We'll get your trial extended. Glad it's working for you!

Reply by rahul.sharma12@wipro.com

Yes!! :-) i was able to connect and run some SQLs. please reset "days remaining" for me and allow me to do some serious testing... thanks Jeff and team.

--

Matthew Monahan
    Progress Software