Unable to connect to an on-premise Oracle DB to DataDirect Cloud - Forum - DataDirect Cloud - Progress Community

Unable to connect to an on-premise Oracle DB to DataDirect Cloud

Forum

Unable to connect to an on-premise Oracle DB to DataDirect Cloud

• Hi Team,
    After our conversation on Fri, I-
    - Uninstalled Oracle Database 11g R2
    - Installed Oracle Database 12c R1
    - Uninstalled the D2C Cloud Driver for ODBC 2.0
    - Uninstalled the D2C On-Premise Connector 2.0
    - Installed the D2C Cloud Driver for ODBC 2.0
    - Installed the D2C On-Premise Connector 2.0
    Now, I get a timeout error while connecting to the on-premise Oracle 12c DB using the DDCloud service-
    Inline image 1
    Also, the D2C Web UI shows a timeout error while connecting to the on-premise Oracle 12c DB-
    Inline image 2
    Any thoughts?
  • The most recent error is that the OP Connector isn't able to connect to your Oracle server.

Error establishing socket to host and port: 104.173.236.233:1521. Reason: Connection timed out: connect

Are other products, such as the DataDirect Oracle JDBC driver, able to connect from the OP Connector machine?

Thanks, John

• Hi Sumit,

Thanks a lot for your time this morning. Your inputs have been invaluable.

I have been able to establish connectivity between Salesforce.com and an on-premise OracleDB using Lightning Connector and DataDirect Cloud.

Your team has been very helpful and prompt in responding to my questions. I appreciate it!

Regards,

Ashish

• Our pleasure Ashish!  To recap for the community, the solution was to enter "localhost" for the server in the DataDirect Cloud Data Source since Oracle 12c appears to limit connections as coming from "localhost".

Check out my world famous blog on data connectivity

• That's correct. Below is a screenshot of the final configuration within the D2C Web UI-