Unable to connect to an on-premise Oracle DB to DataDirect Cloud - Forum - DataDirect Cloud - Progress Community

Unable to connect to an on-premise Oracle DB to DataDirect Cloud

Forum

Unable to connect to an on-premise Oracle DB to DataDirect Cloud

• Hi,

I have installed Oracle Database Express Edition 11g R2 on my laptop and loaded sample data into the database. I have installed DataDirect Cloud on-premise connector and have the connector ID handy. I am trying to setup an Oracle DataSource using Progress Pacific online console.

I have created the DataSource with the following information:

When I click Save & Test -- I get the following message:

Can Sven, Jean help me resolve this issue -- need to connect to my on-premise Oracle DB asap. Thanks.

• Hi Ashish,

First of all, can you provide the logs that are located in :

C:\Program Files\Progress\DataDirect\Cloud_OnPremise_Connector_20\OPDAS\server\logs

and

C:\Program Files\Progress\DataDirect\Cloud_OnPremise_Connector_20\OPDAS\server\logs\das.

Second, have you installed the D2C ODBC or JDBC client driver on your machine ? If yes, can you try to connect to your Cloud DSN ? Althought you're seeing an error in the dashboard, you should be able to connect from your client machine -> D2C Dashboard -> Oracle OP DB.

Thanks,

Sven

• Hi Sven,

What's a good email to send you the log's on?

Also I have installed the DataDirect Connect64 and Connect64 XE for ODBC 7.1 -- is this a correct installation? Can you send me the URL for installing D2C ODBC or JDBC client drivers?

Please see the below showing DataDirect Connect64 and Connect64XE for 7.1 install's on my machine.

Thanks,

Ashish

• Hi Sven,

Please find the below log files:

4810.logs.zip

das.zip

Thanks,

Ashish

• Hi Sven

The following ODBC drivers have been installed as a part of the on-premise installation on my machine

And I am able to establish a connection to the Oracle DB setup on my machine using the ODBC driver -

• Hi Ashish,

The DataDirect Connect driver you've installed is our On-Premise ODBC driver that does not use Cloud environment.

To download the D2C ODBC or JDBC Client driver, you should click on 'Downloads' on the left side of your D2C dashboard. This is listed under 'Quick Links'.

Over here you can find the DataDirect Cloud ODBC drivers and JDBC drivers.

You'll also notice the DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector Installer which is the component you need to install on the server side. But I assume you may have done this.

Kind regards,

Sven

• Hi Sven,

I am now downloading the D2C ODBC Driver.

What should I do after I download the D2C ODBC Driver?

Note: 

I have already downloaded the D2C On-Premise Connector.

Thanks,

Ashish

• Hi Ashish,

Thank you for providing the log files. I have reviewed these and noticed the same error is occurring as in the other community thread.

In your log, I see error :

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [DD Cloud OP][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01882: timezone region not found

When I look to the connection string used to connect to Oracle DB, I see this parameter :

[timezone=Universal]

I will attach your case to the existing defect. But in the meanwhile, you should be able to connect using the D2C ODBC driver.

When installed, open the ODBC DataSource Administrator and create a new datasource.

Select 'DataDirect Cloud 2.0' and enter a name for your DSN.

Service should be left DDCLOUD.

Database Name is the Cloud DSN that you have configured in the D2C Dashboard.

When this is set, your D2C ODBC Client driver will connect to your D2C Dashboard DSN which will connect to your Oracle On-Premise DB.

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Sven

• Hi Sven,

Thanks for the note. I -

1. Opened the ODBC DataSource Administrator and created a new datasource

2. Selected 'DataDirect Cloud 2.0' and entered the field values

3. Selected the service as DDCLOUD

4. Database Name is the same as Cloud DSN name configured in the D2C Dashboard (i.e. Oracle)

5. Connection established!

What are the next steps? How do I connect Oracle On-Premise DB to Salesforce.com using D2C?

Thanks,

Ashish

• Hi Sven,

I need to get this resolved by Friday morning (US Pacific Standard Time) the latest. It is 3:20 am my time on Friday and I need to go to bed. Considering you are working in Belgium/Netherlands and it's already 12:20 pm your time, are you going to be around for another 4-5 hours today? Also, will you be around to help me on Saturday (01/10)? I need to fix this issue asap and connect Salesforce.com to my on-premise Oracle DB using D2C. Let me know. Thanks.

Thanks,

Ashish

• Hi Ashish,

Great to hear you were able to connect to your Oracle OP DB.

Now, if you need to connect Oracle to SFDC, you will need to configure a DSN that connect to SFDC instead of Oracle.

After that, you can use Oracle DG4ODBC to connect using our driver to SFDC.

Does that answer you question ?

Thanks,

Sven

• Ashish, are you testing Salesforce Lightning Connect to connect to Oracle via OData produced from DataDirect Cloud?  

Here is my tutorial from OData.org on setting up Lightning Connect: www.odata.org/.../salesforce-external-object-integration-using-lightning-connect-with-odata

And here is the landing page for high level info: www.progress.com/.../salesforce-lightning-connect-odata

Check out my world famous blog on data connectivity

• Hi Sumit, Sven, Kiley, Rob,

I have referred your blog in the past and it was helpful.

In talking with Rob and Kiley we got the necessary services up and running, but the D2C known issue mentioned above stays unresolved. Tried connecting SFDC to the D2S DataSource using Lightning Connect and this is what I see -

What do we do next?

Thanks,

Ashish

• Change Identity Type to "Named Principal" or "Per User" on the External Data Source Edit screen.  You will then see a drop down for Password Authentication for Authentication Protocol

Check out my world famous blog on data connectivity

• I made the changes that you recommended:

The username and password is the ProgressID and the password right?

Upon Validate and Sync, I  get this message:

Can Rob, Kiley call me?

Thanks,

Ashish