Getting error while trying to connect openedge in data direct cloud - Forum - DataDirect Cloud - Progress Community

Getting error while trying to connect openedge in data direct cloud

Forum

Getting error while trying to connect openedge in data direct cloud

This question is not answered

I am getting the error "Your request has been timed out, could you try after some time" while trying to  create a data source using progress openedge in data direct cloud.Please let me know how to resolve it.  I couln't connect to any database.

All Replies
  • You need to correct the Connector ID specified in your data source. You can use the OnPremise Connector configuration tool to get the connector id.

• ya i am using the configuration tool only to get the connector id. Still i get the same error.Could you please tel me what should be the following while connecting to progress open edge data source in data direct cloud.

1.User name:

2.Password:

3.Server name:

4.Port number:

I am not sure what should be given to above fields. Please let me know the values for these.

• Hi,

If you're trying to connect to one of your local (on-premise) OpenEdge databases, you need to select 'on-premise' at the top of the cloud datasource and provide below values :

User name : Your openedge UID

Password : Your openedge PWD

Server Name : Host name of the server running OE

Port number : Port number on which your OE DB is listening

Database : Your OE database name.

Next to that, you also need to specify the Connector ID. From the 'downloads' page, you can download and install the 'On-Premise Connector Installer' on your server. Run the tool and copy/paste the Connector ID that you receive into your DataDirect Cloud DSN.

Kind regards,

Sven

• Hi Sven,

Thanks for your reply! I will try and let you know.Only if we have OpenEdge installed in the machine in which we use data direct cloud, then we will be having these details right?

• Hi,

The only software that is required on the same machine as where your OE instance is running is the 'On-Premise Connector', which will generate a Connector ID allowing the cloud to connect to your Server.

The DataDirect Cloud ODBC or JDBC driver can be installed on any machine, anywhere. This is because the ODBC and JDBC Driver connect to DataDirect Cloud. While DataDirect Cloud will connect to your OE on-premise instance.

Hope this helps.

Sven

• Thanks Sven! I have 'On-Premise Connector' installed but i dont have OE installed in the same machine. Once it is done, i will try it. Thanks for your reply!

• The on-premise connector does not have to be installed on the same machine as the OpenEdge database.  The OE connection information you configure in the DataDirect Cloud data source is sent to the on-premise connector machine which then establishes the SQL database connection using the specified host name and port to any accessible OE database behind your firewall.

On Jun 10, 2014, at 6:20 AM, "bagyab" <bounce-bagyab@community.progress.com> wrote:

Reply by bagyab

Thanks Sven! I have 'On-Premise Connector' installed but i dont have OE installed in the same machine. Once it is done, i will try it. Thanks for your reply!

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Check out my world famous blog on data connectivity

• The On-Premise Connector and OE do not have to be installed on the same machine. OE just needs to be accessible from the machine with the On-Premise Connector.

Your Connector ID looks reasonable now, but I don't see any activity from an On-Premise Connector using this ID. So your On-Premise Connector doesn't appear to be running or is having problems communicating. Steps to take to investigate why the OP Connector isn't working.

1. Edit Registry. Change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Progress Software Corporation\DDCloudOpAcc\Logging to 3.

2. Restart Progress DataDirect Cloud Access service

3. Give service a minute to startup

4. OP Connector log files are created in C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Progress\DDCloudOpAcc. A new file should have been created by restarting the service. Could you send me the latest file?

• Here are a couple of video KB articles that might be helpful for setting this up.

Installing the Progress DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector: http://bit.ly/1pqsh1R

Progress OpenEdge On-premise as a Data Source:  http://bit.ly/1pqvyOF.