Using wget command to consume ODATA from DataDirect Cloud SSL error - Forum - DataDirect Cloud - Progress Community

Using wget command to consume ODATA from DataDirect Cloud SSL error

Forum

Using wget command to consume ODATA from DataDirect Cloud SSL error

• When I connect to DDC/OData via wget command I get a SSL warning/error (see below). I can bypass the warning/error message. Is there a genuine issue with the SSL set-up on the server?

SYSTEM_WGETRC = c:/progra~1/wget/etc/wgetrc
    syswgetrc = D:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\GNUWIN32/etc/wgetrc
    --2015-06-09 10:51:06--  https://service.datadirectcloud.com/api/odata/d2cabd
    Resolving service.datadirectcloud.com... 107.23.158.16, 54.164.105.93
    Connecting to service.datadirectcloud.com|107.23.158.16|:443... connected.
    ERROR: cannot verify service.datadirectcloud.com's certificate, issued by `/C=BE
    /O=GlobalSign nv-sa/CN=GlobalSign Organization Validation CA - SHA256 - G2':
      Self-signed certificate encountered.
    To connect to service.datadirectcloud.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
    Unable to establish SSL connection.

• Ok, the problem is in fact with my machine. I need to supply a CA cert directory??

• Are you seeing this issue with Datadirect Cloud for ODBC ?

Can you let us know the error message thrown by the driver?

• Hi CMI,

I see that you are on Windows, so this may not be a particularly helpful comparison, but I did not see any SSL errors with a default install of curl on my Mac.

I will install wget to see if I run into any issues there, but can you try curl, if you have it installed?

curl --user d2cusername:password https://service.datadirectcloud.com/api/odata/dataSourceName

Be well,
    Matthew

Reply-To: "TU.DD.Cloud@community.progress.com" <TU.DD.Cloud@community.progress.com>
    Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 6:34 AM
    To: "TU.DD.Cloud@community.progress.com" <TU.DD.Cloud@community.progress.com>
    Subject: RE: [Technical Users - DataDirect Cloud] Using wget command to consume ODATA from DataDirect Cloud SSL error

Reply by Neelima

Are you seeing this issue with Datadirect Cloud for ODBC ?

Can you let us know the error message thrown by the driver?

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--

Matthew Monahan
    Progress Software

• CMI,

I installed wget on my Mac (uses openssl) and did not have any trouble with the default configuration:

wget --user d2cUsername --ask-password https://service.datadirectcloud.com/api/odata/dataSourceName

This command stored a file with the XML returned from the DataDirect Cloud OData service.

I hope this helps!

Be well,

Matthew

--

Matthew Monahan
    Progress Software

• No Issue with the ODBC Drivers.

• O Got it working on my Linux server with no problems, it just my PC which was causing me issues.

• Glad to hear that you got it working!

If you have a use case for running OData on your Windows machine, we would be happy to work through the issue with you. Just let us know the details of your environment (versions and such) and we'll see how we can help. 

On Jun 9, 2015, at 10:13 PM, CMI <bounce-CMI@community.progress.com> wrote:

Reply by CMI

O Got it working on my Linux server with no problems, it just my PC which was causing me issues.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--

Matthew Monahan
    Progress Software

• I sorted out the problem with using wget under windows. I needed to provide access to a set of CA certificates (.PEM files). Luckily Progress provides under %DLC%/cert.

example:

wget --ca-directory=D:\Progressx86\OpenEdge115\certs ....

Note: This does not work for Google URLS as Goolge's Trusted CA is not in the list of files in the cert folder.