Oracle Service Cloud "question sessions" table - Forum - DataDirect Cloud - Progress Community

Oracle Service Cloud "question sessions" table

Forum

Oracle Service Cloud "question sessions" table

• We've got connectivity to oracle service cloud established but I can't see all of the tables that I can view in the Right Now agent desktop data dictionary - I'm specifically looking for the "question sessions" table that stores survey responses.

Is this table exposed to the cloud connector?

Cheers, Jason

• Hi Jason,

I'm checking if this is supported. We will reply to you soon.

Thanks,

Davy

• Hi Jason,

The question_sessions object is not exposed via the SOAP API that the driver uses.  Also, it is not documented in the Oracle Service Cloud documentation for exposed objects.  

The general rule is that the driver exposes all objects as tables (standard and custom) made available from the metadata for the SOAP API.  

Here is the documentation for the Oracle Service Cloud SOAP API.  Navigate to Connect Web Services > Object Model > Core Objects for the list of standard objects that are available.

documentation.custhelp.com/.../Default.htm

There are also some objects that have been made available to the DataDirect driver that are not generally available from the SOAP API metadata.  These objects are:

-For May 2014 and later versions:

Incident.Transactions

Contact.Transactions

Opportunity.Transactions

Organization.Transactions

Task.Transactions

Incident.PerformanceRecords

SystemInformation

-For August 2014 and later versions:

DeletedRecordInformation

DistributionEmailList

It is possible to create an analytics report that queries this table.  

Analytics reports are exposed as stored procedures via the Oracle Service Cloud driver.  A stored procedure can be executed using the standard escape syntax.  

For example,  {call <my_procedure_name>()}

Hope this helps,

Davy

• That's great Davy, thanks for confirming - we'll assess the report->stored procedure approach as that sounds like a viable alternative

Cheers, Jason

• Jason,
    What type of application are you connecting with Oracle Service Cloud?

Thanks,
    Sumit

On Mar 18, 2015, at 8:55 AM, ghiberti <bounce-ghiberti@community.progress.com> wrote:

Reply by ghiberti

That's great Davy, thanks for confirming - we'll assess the report->stored procedure approach as that sounds like a viable alternative

Cheers, Jason

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Check out my world famous blog on data connectivity

• Hi Sumit, we're connecting qlikview with OSC

Cheers, Jason