Why is next traced for each instance? Why cant I get only set of output? I have attached rule sheet and rule flow... - Forum - Corticon - Progress Community

Why is next traced for each instance? Why cant I get only set of output? I have attached rule sheet and rule flow...

Forum

Why is next traced for each instance? Why cant I get only set of output? I have attached rule sheet and rule flow...

This question is answered

If I make three instances I get 9 messages....

How can I make it to work once?

Verified Answer
  • You are iterating in rule 1 through the Books collection instead of the “sorted” collection. So by Books occurrence (3x), it will generate corresponding sorted messages (3x). Try to change it to sorted.pages in rule 1 and you’ll be all set.

Best regards,
    Harold

All Replies
  • Please make sure you apply the sortedBy and next operators against a ROOT entity. It will not work correctly against a CHILD entity.

Example:

Best regards,
    Harold

•   I am getting the same error when I try for single entity.

• You are iterating in rule 1 through the Books collection instead of the “sorted” collection. So by Books occurrence (3x), it will generate corresponding sorted messages (3x). Try to change it to sorted.pages in rule 1 and you’ll be all set.

Best regards,
    Harold