TFS plug-in in Corticon studio

Posted by tinvis on 16-Feb-2015 04:56

Does anyone have a seamless integration between theTFS plug-in for Eclipse en Corticon Studio? In our organisation TFS is used for source control, so it seemed logical to use it for Corticon files as well, but we have some problems: - on one of our PC's it was not possible to install the plug-in - when adding or deleting Corticon files we have to use Visual Studio to let TFS 'know' what we did - when we don't check out our files on root level the relative path refence becomes dsiturbed, so it is not possible to work on different parts of a decision service with more people at the same time, we have to check out the complete service. So if someone has managed to integrate TFS and Corticon Studio I would very much like to know how they did that.

All Replies

Posted by James Arsenault on 16-Feb-2015 11:28

Is this working on other PC’s? If that’s the case there is likely something different with the Eclipse configuration on that one machine. Perhaps they have other plugins installed which are conflicting with TFS?

Corticon doesn’t do anything special with files (resources) in eclipse. One possible issue is that Corticon doesn’t use the eclipse resource API for inter-file dependencies; I don’t know if that would cause issues with TFS.

[collapse]
From: tinvis [mailto:bounce-tinvis@community.progress.com]
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2015 5:57 AM
To: TU.Corticon@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Corticon] TFS plug-in in Corticon studio

Thread created by tinvis
Does anyone have a seamless integration between theTFS plug-in for Eclipse en Corticon Studio? In our organisation TFS is used for source control, so it seemed logical to use it for Corticon files as well, but we have some problems: - on one of our PC's it was not possible to install the plug-in - when adding or deleting Corticon files we have to use Visual Studio to let TFS 'know' what we did - when we don't check out our files on root level the relative path refence becomes dsiturbed, so it is not possible to work on different parts of a decision service with more people at the same time, we have to check out the complete service. So if someone has managed to integrate TFS and Corticon Studio I would very much like to know how they did that.
Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by tinvis on 17-Feb-2015 02:15

Hello James,
On one PC it's working fine (as in: it works with the two problems mentioned below). On the other PC it worked with Corticon 5.3, but after installing 5.4 it wasn't possible to install the plug-in anymore.
Unfortunately I don't have any print screens at the moment as it was my colleague's PC.
But he de-installed everything and re-installed Corticon and the plug-in. We don't use Eclipse for anything else but Corticon. When I see him next week I will take a look at his Eclipse again.

Thanks
Tineke

Met vriendelijke groet,

Tineke Visser
Informatiemanager

Postbus 6080
4000 HB Tiel

T +31881502400
M +31610179943

Lees onze disclaimer en meer informatie op bkr.nl

Van: James Arsenault [mailto:bounce-jarsenau@community.progress.com]
Verzonden: maandag 16 februari 2015 18:29
Aan: TU.
Corticon@community.progress.com
Onderwerp: RE: [Technical Users - Corticon] TFS plug-in in Corticon studio

Reply by James Arsenault
Is this working on other PC’s? If that’s the case there is likely something different with the Eclipse configuration on that one machine. Perhaps they have other plugins installed which are conflicting with TFS?

Corticon doesn’t do anything special with files (resources) in eclipse. One possible issue is that Corticon doesn’t use the eclipse resource API for inter-file dependencies; I don’t know if that would cause issues with TFS.

[collapse]
To:
TU.Corticon@community.progress.com

Thread created by tinvis

[/collapse]

Posted by James Arsenault on 17-Feb-2015 19:12

Can you do ‘side by side’ clean installs on each machine and confirm the exact same steps are followed? You could also look at the environment variables on the system where it doesn’t work. You might have some “JAVA” or other variable set which is interfering (that’s just a guess).

The other issues might be restrictions in how Corticon integrates with eclipse resources or artifacts of TFS. Does TFS behave like other source control system; for example SVN?

[collapse]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 3:16 AM
To: TU.Corticon@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Corticon] TFS plug-in in Corticon studio

Reply by tinvis
Hello James,
On one PC it's working fine (as in: it works with the two problems mentioned below). On the other PC it worked with Corticon 5.3, but after installing 5.4 it wasn't possible to install the plug-in anymore.
Unfortunately I don't have any print screens at the moment as it was my colleague's PC.
But he de-installed everything and re-installed Corticon and the plug-in. We don't use Eclipse for anything else but Corticon. When I see him next week I will take a look at his Eclipse again.

Thanks
Tineke

Met vriendelijke groet,

Tineke Visser
Informatiemanager

Postbus 6080
4000 HB Tiel

T +31881502400
M +31610179943

Lees onze disclaimer en meer informatie op bkr.nl

Van: James Arsenault [mailto:bounce-jarsenau@community.progress.com]
Verzonden: maandag 16 februari 2015 18:29
Aan: TU.Corticon@community.progress.com

Onderwerp: RE: [Technical Users - Corticon] TFS plug-in in Corticon studio

Reply by James Arsenault

[collapse]
To:
TU.Corticon@community.progress.com

Thread created by tinvis

[/collapse][/collapse]

This thread is closed